Wednesday, December 10, 2008

SORRY

Hello all, sorry for the late update and not being loyal to my travel-blog!

But when you all hear how much fun I have been having you will (hopefully) forgive me.

Just so you know I am writing this at (right now) 8.27 pm on the 8th December 2008! At Marwell Zoological hotel. Which is animal themed!! COOL!! As everybody knows I love to be animal themed!!

Anyway. So. I have a fair bit to catch up on. But I think it might be a lot easier to go backward because the last week has been so,so,so,fun and excellent that I am just overwhelmed.

So I have just come back into this “leopard themed” , judging by the mugs, hotel room, with my mum, dad, brother and SELF now after talking to my dad for about 2 hours in the pub and having some beautiful irish apple cider. Cider is my best friend. I love it. We also had some chips but they weren’t as good as the cider. So, backtracking from there, this morning I woke up and was very very sad to be leaving beautiful Edinburgh!! Where beautiful friends and fun times live!! But so be it.. this morning (Monday) was my last day there (but not for long I WILL BE BACK ) and I woke up earlier than usual and went and got a chilli chicken and cheese Panini from this cool sandwich shop with my new partner in crime joe. (we don’t actually commit crimes but we do star in a tv series. Well, I wish we did, anyway). Ps joe this morning I watched you sleep for a little while. I’m sorry for being a creep. He will probably never talk to me again now as a result of the relentless Tell All Blog that I am currently writing. Well, I should tone it down. Weehhhhhhhhhhhhweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That was me toning down. Hi!!! So. So. Today I went on the train from Edinburgh Waverley to London Kings Cross with my massive beast of a suitcase. GOD I hate my suitcase I wish I just could wear my onesie all the time. But social decency demands I don’t. anyway then I had to catch the tube but SAD TIMES I lost my oyster in Edinburgh . god. So I had to pay 4 pounds because I didn’t want to walk up the stairs and buy another card. Ooooooooooooops. But I will buy another when im back on fri-fri. so!!! I paid four pounds for that and then was like, well, why not go on a spending spree, so I bought a bagel and a fruit salad and some water and now am going to smash through the bunk bed down onto mark and kill him in the night with my enormous dead-weight. Sorry in advance mark.

So on the first leg of my train was a really lovely woman who talked to me the whole time and I told her about my new favourite outfit – the polar bear romper suit with ears from M&S that I want to buy for my bebe, and she told me about her life and she was just generally cool and offered me some kit kat and I said no and felt mean but I was feeling chubs. So , anyway, then I got off at London blah blah and the second leg I was mauled by some humungous beast who was trying to sit on me but I don’t want to talk about that, I would prefer to block it out of my memory for ever, so shh. Anyway. Then I got off and my dad was really excited to see me ! (WHO WOULDN’T BE) and then my mum ate a packet of quavers. So that’s today. Whewwwwwwwwwwwww only about twenty billion more words to go, settle in guys.

This is actually going to be a bloody essay sorry.

Uhh. So, I will begin Edinburgh week at the beginning because going backward will probably make me cry with happy memories and sadness that I am not there with the coolest people ever. Well I don’t have THAT many feelings but I do have a fair few. Uh. So on Monday (a week ago today !! ! ! hoho!! ) I got up early early in London .. and caught the tube from Paddington to kings cross st Pancras and said BYE SUE (she said bye lizzy in response) and then caught the train to Edinburgh at 1100 AMZ. Then!!!!!!!!! THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at the other end was JOE which was probably the coolest thing ever to happen in the world. Well him being there was quite cool, I’m probably exaggerating though. Anyway so then we went and had coffee in café nero and I put my stamp on his card because I am a nice person and he spilled coffee all over his saucer which I guess is a bit weird but he has his own blog in which he is welcome to explain spilling stuff. Clumsy. Anyway then we went home and drank cranberry juice…………………..which is pretty nice here, different, but nice. Then um I met his WONDERFUL FAMILY OF FLAT-MATES, 502!! (and 406,503,307) which involved EMMA and ALICE and ZOSIA and VERA and CARA and DAN and COOKIE and ELLE. And so then in the process of meeting all these people we went to this nice place called the library bar at which I had pear cider. MM CIDER. And they had board games on the walls and book shelves everywhere and it was just generally amazing and Joe had some crazy drink that I forgot but I guess I don’t need to remember……………… okay.

Then on Tuesday uhhhhhh. Joe and Elle had fun screen printing times to complete so I watched gossip girl most of the day which was fun and I went to tesco and bought raspberries, soup, and nesquik and then Joe came back and I went to an exchange talk with him which was really awful because some person said Australia was like a land of caves and generally crap. It is pretty bad sometimes but I don’t live in a cave as far as I can tell. And don’t be misrepresenting me ETC. so dan Joe’s Australian flat-mate didn’t like that either so we made some angry eyebrow gestures. Anyway after that I went to the screenprinting room with joe and elle and they did their prints (which were cool I THOUGHT) and then we came home and joe was meant to do work for his crit on Wednesday but we just drank coffee and I can’t remember what else but not much work was done but that’s cool because when do I come over? NEVER is the answer so my company is super important always.

So then Wednesday was here! Hi Wednesday. What did I do on Wednesday? Sorry if this sounds really idiotic but I’m thinking as I type and I am evidently a massive idiot. So, uh, Wednesday, OH. Well portsburgh court had flat inspections so joe and I woke up at like 10:30 to a message from emma saying that the person (council or whatever) was right near us and that we should maybe SCRAM so we did and then went over to E.C.A and I sat on the desk and sort of slept and then we went to LOOK sandwiches, which I believe may just be the graphic crew’s regular lunching venue but it doubles as my new boyfriend because I love their food. So. Also actually there is a second hand bookstore next door that I want to remember to go to!! SOMEBODY REMIND ME!!! So then we went there and came back and joe had to go in to his crit so I came home and can’t remember much else of the afternoon but then we went to three French hens, aKA the graphics Christmas party, which was at the bowery in uber cold times. The bowery is like an old church and it was sickeningly fun and they served drinks in tiny teacups and joe fell through a door which was hilarious and there were very pretty fairy lights and I banged my head in a café and the owner gave me a free cookie to compensate. Which is nice! Yay Edinburgh! So then we came home and went to sleep and then it was THURSDAY!!!

On which day we went to the german markets MY ONE TRUE LOVE. At which I drank fire punch, this really hot wine with fruit and spices (not mulled wine, never mulled wine) and felt very happy, and also ate a massive waffle with chocolate sauce and cinnamon cream, and also ate cinnamon stars and generally gained 700 kg. then at home we came home and maybe watched a movie but I can’t remember. We probably had amazing soup for dinner a lot of these nights but I have now forgotten and will NEVER REMEMBER.

So then on Friday… I think we went in to town but I truly forgot. So anyway james jessiman joe’s friend came up on Friday afternoon which was cool because he is from York and so is joe and they are friends and have fun times…and also he could come to the sculpture party!!WeEEeheEWW! which joe kept saying was the party event of the year but I find it hard to evaluate such a thing. Uhhhh. So.

We went to the sculpture party and I wore some dress I bought in London, I thought you might want to know that detail, and got incredibly drunk and probably attacked some innocent bystanders… and then I hung with vera for a little(sorry vera! I love you!) and then me and joe came out and I had rank mulled wine which I gave to somebody else and he had a…snack? I forgot what it was. And then he decided we had to go back to 502 so we did and lay in the hall very sad times because we didn’t have a key so the lady came up and quizzed joe on his own details and then let us in and then we slept for ever or at least joe did I probably partied on the internet or something cool.

So. Then it was Saturday!! And we woke up and um, it was fake Christmas so we did fun Christmas things like go buy really cool food and be chillin in the food hall and then we cooked an amazing Christmas dinner and watched annie hall and were HUGE chubbies and then me, james and joe caught a train to Glasgow that night and went to house parties and brought an imaginary friend and I met nice York crew members and it was nice. So then um yesterday we were in Glasgow and we walked around a lot and saw a gallery to sit down and went to some Christmas fete or fair or fayre and everybody was tired so then after going to a very catastrophic diner called Dino’s which was mean and weird we caught the train back and james put on elf ears and there was a really cute lady on our train and then that night james left and I ate soup for dinner and then we watched Trees lounge with chloe sevigny aka joe’s girlfriend (or he wishes) and steve buscemi and then went to bed late and then slept and then woke up late and ran to the train like hurried hurrying people.

UM so that’s Edinburgh. This is 1928 words already sorry. But I love Edinburgh and love all my new amazing friends and am totally enamoured with everything but at the same time feel sad because it will ALL END BABEZ. But whatever. Hsc results LOL.

Um back in London though, on Friday night I went out with Hannah and Jamie from York and sumo as well and we went to drapers bar which is like student union and it was so bad that it was just really hilarious and a+++ and I had a super fun time and love everybody. Except I left my scarf and umbrella, sad. Stained with vom. Nice one me.

So…..then on the other days I guess I did things that I can’t remember and I need to sleep REALLY badly so I will leave you here my kind readers. Love you. XXX

No comments: